Garfield County Sheriff's Annex
Garfield County Sheriff's Annex - Rifle, CO
- Search & Rescue Annex Building
- Garfield County Sheriff Annex
- County Administrative Facility
- 17,000 SF - Architectural, Structural & Civil Services
- The new, state-of-the-art Garfield County Sheriff's Annex provides a community support facility for the surrounding area. Administrative uses include: Administrative offices for Sheriff personnel and investigators, training facilities with emergency preparedness status, victim support, interview rooms and the County Clerk. The back-of-house includes evidence processing labs, evidence log-in, vehicular evidence process garage and evidence storage with halon fire protection system. Employee support services include staff lockers and exercise room, conference room and break area.
- The 4 bay Search & Rescue AHRT Building shares the site with secured vehicle storage, emergence equipment storage and maintenance bay. The site is organized for secured zones, approach observation and public and secured vehicular separation. An outdoor training facility is also incorporated.
- Sustainable design was emphasized throughout the project. The central circulation core is defined with linear day lighting monitors. Interior corridors incorporate glazing to bring daylight to the interior of the building. Monitoring of lighting and HVAC systems is incorporated. A thermal solar panel farm provides hot water heat along with a high efficiency heating and cooling system.
- ZP Architects & Engineers was the design consultant in this Contractor lead Design/Build competition team. The design competition included schematic design, client meetings, consultant coordination, construction scheduling and project cost.