Fort Carson Military Housing
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Fort Carson Military Housing - Colorado Springs, CO
- United States Army Privatized Housing
- Single & Multi-Family Developments
- 2,300 SF to 3,400 SF Housing - Structural Design Services
- 7,300 SF to 14,000 SF Community Centers - Structural Design Services
- Fort Carson in Colorado Springs was the first selected area for privatized housing by the U.S. Army. The 729 new town homes and 111 new single family homes are designed around a family-oriented community in a comfortable and modern environment. The buildings blend elements of the craftsman, bungalow and cottage style architecture of the mid-1900's, while also providing open and flexible living spaces that blend with 21st century lifestyles. The designs are spacious, energy-efficient and community oriented, including neighborhood Community Centers that provide areas for large gatherings, community meetings and a modern fitness center.
- The Fort Carson neighborhoods present a few interesting engineering challenges. Located along the Front Range in Colorado, the structures are designed for high wind conditions common to the environment. Ground conditions also present interesting issues. Soils in the area vary from soft soil over deep bedrock to highly expansive and unstable soils. To overcome these barriers, ZP Architects & Engineers has designed a verity of foundation systems for "Auger Pressure Grouted Fixed Mast Crowded Piles" to "Post Tensioned Slab-on-Ground Foundation" Systems.